Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crazy Few Weeks around here!

Hey folks!
It's been a crazy few weeks around here! BUT... (and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here), we are starting to get the hang of being "back to the grind". School is in full swing - and we were able to take advantage of school choice - so I am driving 2 hours a day to bring my kids to school, swim team practices, soccer and C.C.D. It's a crazy busy life in the Carter Household, but we are happy and healthy :) And, I just have to add how proud I am of my little dude for training with Olympic Gold Medalists last weekend! Here is pic of Alex with Randall Bal and Josh Davis!




I'm sure many of you experience the same thing in the fall, or once did. So, I am veering off the usual "craft" posting today and wanted to share with you a great recipe that is quick and easy, and perfect for a rainy day like today in New England. PLUS, it's healthy, low-carb, and if you follow Weight Watchers, it's only 4 pts for 1 cup! (And you can freeze the leftovers)


Crockpot Turkey Chili

Ingredients:
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
1 Large Onion
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Mix
1 envelope Chili Mix dry- any kind
1 large can corn nibbets
4 cans of beans, any you like
2 cans of diced tomatoes (I prefer pastene)

Brown the turkey and onion with Pam spray in a saucepan. Once done, add this to all of the other ingredients in a crockpot on low for several hours so that is is nice and hot and beans soften.


If you try it, share a comment and let me know how you likey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...