Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Swappers Block and Eggs

So this is a card I made for some awesome ladies that I see at the YMCA when I work/live there, he he... (between working there and all of my kids activities, we are there at least 3 times a week).
So, these ladies whose names shall be yelled from the mountaintops.. HEIDI MOODY and KELLY RIZZI were kind enough to donate 6 DOZEN eggs from their chickens to our Relay team. We ended up selling 96 breakfast sandwiches (egg, ham & cheese on an english muffin) at $3 a pop to donate to the American Cancer Society. YA HOO! So, I had to send them a cute little note to thank them for their donation. I can't take credit for the design though, I cased this card from Melissa. Isn't it cute?

So, now I am trying to get ready for my first eva CONVENTION in Utah. I am leaving in less than two weeks and I have done NOTHING to get ready for swaps. I LOVE LOVE LOVE swapping card fronts with other crafters. It not only provides great ideas for me and YOU when I bring them to workshops, but it's also nice to have a card front and just glue it on to a piece of paper when I'm in a pinch and need a quick card!

Well, like the title of this excerpt says.. I have swappers block. I am all out of ideas. UGH...
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I just can't get the creative juices flowing. What the heck? I can only use products from the new catty, which isn't that hard, there's a lot of stuff that carries over.. but I just can't get inspired. Maybe it's because I've been reading a lot of blogs about- get this.. SWAPPER SNOBS.. who will look at your card and tell you flat out- no- I won't swap with you. Seriously. SO MUCH PRESSURE.... Thankfully, I hear that there are very few that are this straight up rude, but maybe that's why I feel stumped. So, if you have any ideas, please send them my way. I sure could use some.

Signed,
Blocked Biotch (lol)

P.S. If you have some cards you'd like me to swap for you, I am happy to. Just make sure you get in touch with me and we can figure out when to meet and I can go over some guidelines with ya :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...